Starting with Windows 8, Microsoft has introduced a new way aka Windows app store to download applications on Windows PCs and tablets. These Application store a certain amount of data like music playlist or game progress, when they are used and there may be a situation when you need to reinstall Windows but don’t want to loose your app data while formatting the windows.
That’s where Windows 8 Apps Data Backup can prove handy. With Windows 8 Apps Data Backup you can make a backup of some or all the internal applications, when you want to format your system.
Requirements: The only requirement to use this program is the installation of .NET Framework 4.5 on your system.
- Make sure that you have closed all the applications before running Windows 8 Apps Data Backup (The program will advise you to close any running application that you want to backup).
- Click on the Backup to display the list of all installed applications afterwards you can select all the application you wish to backup.
- After that the program will ask you if you want to zip up: answer Yes or No according to your needs.
- Choose a local directory where you want to save backup data, you will see a confirmation message after the backup is complete.
- Reinstall all the apps from the windows store.
- Close all the open applications and run Windows 8 Apps Data Backup.
- Click on the Restore, you will be asked to either select a zip file or the backup folder.
- The program will display you the list of the apps in the backup and afterwards you can to restore some or all the apps.
Note: 100% data recovery is not guaranteed.